Audio Visual Services has a long history of:
- Distilling needs
- Providing options and recommendations
- Designing and producing solutions
- Installing technologies
- Testing technologies
- Working with technology partners
- Providing familiarisation in technology use
This is all to provide technologies that support the highest quality teaching and learing at UC.
Behind the scenes
The vast majority of the technology resides behind the scenes. It is a highly complex and technical field, with ever evolving standards and expecations.
It takes a highly trained and experienced team, to implement and maintain solutions, that meet the needs of today and tomorrow.
There are a wide range of legacy technologies, cabling and set ups across UC. These include teaching, meeting and gathering spaces. It is only with many years of experience that these are also able to be supported and maintained.
These technologies include:
- Visual projection
- Speech and audio enhancement
- Lecture capture hardware
- Technology controls
- External inputs from laptops, notebooks and mobile devices
- Wireless connection and broadcasting
- Video conferencing
- Audience response systems, also known as clickers
- The cabling, sofware and hardware to make this all happen seemlessly