Equipment and Technology Loans
A range of equipment is available for short duration loan.
Fill in a quick Assyst web form to request a booking, and to arrange collection and return.
Contact Audio Visual Services directly for advice, options and to discuss your needs.
At least one week's notice is required
Booking of equipment for use in teaching should be made as early as possible to allow for the processing of the request, the booking of equipment (in order received) and the management of staff necessary to deliver and set up the equipment.
- Equipment required for three lectures or more will be given preference, if booked during term breaks.
- Bookings made during term time cannot be assured.
- While late bookings may be accepted for processing, their fulfilment cannot be guaranteed.
- The increasing demand for Audio Visual Services, and the limitations on staffing and equipment are such that it may be necessary to decline late bookings.
Terms and conditions
Scope of use
Loan equipment is only for:
- Short durations
- University-related use
- Non-commercial use. Users are not permitted to charge for their services undertaken using loan equipment
- Clean and dry use
- Teaching staff and support staff. Students are able to loan equipment only with the express written support of a member of teaching staff
Charging your department
Any loss, damage, modification, reconfiguring or dismantling, whether whole or partial, will be charged to your department. This includes if you are the approver for a loan by a student.
Approval to record
You must have the express approval of any persons you are photographing or filming with loan equipment. Ensure you are working within the law and within UC policies.
Pick up is between 8:30am and 4:45pm on staffed work days.
Equipment is to be picked up from Audio Visual Services, in its entirity.
When picking up equipment:
- A paper-based Audio Visual Loan Equipment Agreement will be filled out in your presence
- Generally-approved photo identification of you must be supplied
You are to comply with any operating, transportation and storage instructions given by Audio Visual Services staff.
You are to comply with any other instructions given by Audio Visual Services staff regarding loan equipment.
Any issues with, or faults with, loan equipment must be communicated to Audio Visual Services, as soon as possible.
Ensure return is on time. Loan equipment may be allocated to others for immediate reloan.
Overnight loans to be returned between 8:30am and 9:00am.
Equipment is to be returned to Audio Visual Services, in its entirity.
These terms and conditions are subject to modification or addition at any time.