Familiarisation training enables teaching staff to best utilise the technologies installed in teaching space, for the benefit of teaching.
How does it work
- It is delivered in an interactive style, designed to meet the specific needs of the teaching staff involved. No two sessions are ever the same.
- Small group and individual training and familiarisation can be provided.
- If at all possible, this is done in the specific teaching space that will be used by the teaching staff, or a space with a comparable technology set up.
- Session timings will be customised to the technologies covered.
- Teaching staff are encouraged to bring examples of the physical and computer-based materials that they will be using.
- Requests are encouraged. And they are subject to the information provided at request, sufficent notice and availablilty.
Working with E-Learning Support
- Sessions may be conducted in conjuction with the E-Learning Support team. Follow up with this team may also be arranged after a technology-based session.
- The aim is to bring together both the use of technologies and teaching delivery techniques to propel teaching staff into even higher quality teaching delivery.
- An example could be where both the teaching space technologies related to lecture capture are to be learnt, along with how lecture capture then works Learn and Echo360.
- Additionally, guidance in the identification and use of teaching space technologies is brought together on Learn, specifically for teaching staff.